B.Ed. in Teaching English as a Foreign Language
Innovation in Learning from Your Partner in Higher Education
Mode of Delivery
English Teachers & English Medium Teachers willing to become graduate teacher
- Candidates who have Obtained Higher Diploma in Teaching English from
TIMES CAMPUS Or,
- Higher Diploma in Teaching with SLQF Level 4 or NVQ 6 Or,
- Serving English Teachers with experience and acceptable Diploma in Teaching /
Higher Diploma in English [one-year duration]
- English Language Skills for Teachers I [Part 1]
- Study Skills I
- Meditation & MBCT I
- Public Speaking Skills
- Linguistics and Structure of English
- English Phonology
- Teaching English Literature for Children I
Curriculum Studies: National Curriculum & Edexcel /Cambridge I
Lesson Development: Objectives, Plans for Four Skills, Grammar & Vocabulary & Teaching Aids I
- Introduction Principles of Education & Sociology of Education
- Educational Psychology
- Classroom Management
- School Visits-Child Observation & Development of Four Skills
- Reflective Practice & Journal
- Mid- Course Examination, Presentation, Discussions, Assignments, Quiz, Viva, Practical Work, Individual and Group Tasks and Project Work- will carry 40% towards the final grade.
- End of course exams will contribute the balance 60%.
Full- time – 12 months (08.30 am – 03.30 pm from Monday to Friday) Two school terms of institutional training and two terms of internship in a selected school
Part –time – 15 months (08.30 am -03.30 pm on Saturday and Sunday)
Distance mode – 12 months (Online, Monthly seminar, Assignments)
Online – Fulltime/ Part-time
On – campus – Fulltime/ Part-time
Distance Mode- Part-time
- With Diploma in Teaching English, one can proceed to B. Ed in Teaching English as a Foreign Language offered in affiliation with IIC University of Technology, Cambodia.
- Those students will be exempted from the first Year of the Three-Year Bachelor of Education Programme.
- With this Diploma, one can continue to read for B.A. General with English as a subject from SIBA Campus, Kandy. This is a UGC & MOHE accredited degree.
- They can earn a WORLD CLASS TEACHING QUALIFICATION by taking up the TKT -Teaching Knowledge Test- Examination which is conducted by the University of Cambridge, London. All students are given training in TKT which is incorporated into the curriculum. They can sit the examination through the British Council.